TYPES OF SUBMISSION
- BOOK REVIEWS – A book review must contain a critical review of any book pertaining to one or more themes mentioned in the scope of the blog available here. The book itself can be of any language but the review must be in English. The word limit for a book review is 1000 – 1200 words.
- CASE COMMENTS – A case comment must have a detailed analysis of the judgement along with the author’s opinion/stance on the same and must directly engage with one or more of the themes mentioned in the scope. The word limit for a case comment is 800-1000 words.
- ARTICLES – A research article must have a detailed and comprehensive analysis of any topic related to one or more of the given themes. The word limit for a research article is around 1500 words. If the article is longer than the stipulated word limit and if the editors deem it necessary, the word limit can be expanded.
- POLICY ANALYSIS – A policy analysis must contain a thorough analysis of any policy including its formulation, adoption and implementation. It must pertain to one or more of the themes mentioned in the scope. The word limit for the same is 1500 – 2000 words. The word limit may exceed the limit if the analysis is of exceptional quality. In that case, the submission will be published in parts.
- The content should be written in Times New Roman font with a size of 12. Line spacing must be 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission itself. Footnotes must be used for offline sources only.
- The body of the email must contain the name, institutional affiliation, title & category of the submission, the contact information of the author(s) and a brief description of the submission.
As per our 2-stage review process, the Editorial Board may take up to 7 days to provide comments on the submission. Any delay shall be notified to the authors.
- We follow a rolling submissions policy. Hence, there is no deadline to submit articles.
- The submission should be an original work of the author and not under consideration for publication in any other journal or blog. Submissions will be screened for plagiarism.
- Co-authorship of maximum 2 authors is allowed.
- The article must be submitted in an MS- Word Document to email@example.com.The subject of the email should be ‘SUBMISSION – TITLE.’ The Editorial Board shall send an acknowledgement email upon receiving the article. The author(s) are requested to resend the submission if they do not receive an acknowledgement.
- Submissions may be accepted/rejected based solely at the discretion of the Editorial Board. In relation to all disputes, the decision of the Editorial Board shall be final and binding.
- We allow reposting of the published blog posts on other platforms. The second publication must first acknowledge the publication on this blog by stating: ‘First posted on The Language Rights Blog on dd/mm/yyyy.’